Image Map

Sunday, November 2, 2014

I. Am. A. Sugar. Addict.

There, I said it.  Feels good to get that off my chest.  Funny thing is, I wouldn't have said that before the 21 Day Fix.  But, now that I have done that and learned how to take care of myself, I am a sugar addict.  See, Halloween was the other day, right?  I did really well - bought candy the day of, candy I didn't like, so I wouldn't be tempted, then.................

The doorbell rang.  It was a neighbor explaining they would not be home for Halloween, so wanted to bring some candy by for our kids.  {That was nice.}  Of course, we don't let our kids eat a lot of sugar, food dyes, and they are intolerant to wheat and dairy, so being the good mama that I am, I inspected the candy and ate it before they could.  {Hooray for me!  Mom of the year, here, right?} Not so much.....


The next morning, I woke up with a stomach ache.  Duh.  Halloween came, the kids went trick or treating and agreed to trade their candy in for a new toy.  Hooray!  But, you know what that means?  I ate some of their candy.  After my stomach hurt that morning from candy the night before.  So, I ate well in the morning, drank my water, and went on my way....until lunch time.  I was hungry but decided to eat some more candy before lunch.  An appetizer, maybe?  Yah, not a great idea.  Know what happened later that day ? The screaming manic woman I used to be came back with a vengeance.  It was scary!  I was angry, having negative thoughts, being totally irrational and unpleasant.  Think I would have learned a lesson, right?


Not so much.  My husband, the great man he is, hid the candy that night.  {Yay for him!}  The problem is, I knew where he hid the candy!  So, I would sneak in and get a few pieces. At one point, he busted me {ouch!} and said "do you think it is worth it?"  "What do you mean," I reply.  "What it does to your mental well being," he said.  "Um, yah, sure is.  It's just one piece." 


So, what happened today?  More raging lunatic-ness.  Seriously, what is my deal?  Why can I not stay away from the candy?  I don't know.  It happened again tonight - I snuck into the candy stash and the words my husband said went through my head.  And, ya know what?  It didn't stop me.  That is when I realized I truly have a problem.  And, that is why I can't keep sugar/candy/junk in the house. Scary, friends.  It was scary that having a few pieces of candy could take me back to that place I used to be in before the 21 Day Fix.  Eek.  Anyone else relate to this?

1 comment :