Image Map

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Why Does It Work?

Yesterday on facebook, I shared that after 11 years of marriage, 2 kids, etc. {Etc. being 5 houses in 4 states, how many businesses......} that I am at a size I have never ever been at in my life.  I didn't say it to brag or get attention.  I shared simply to let you know things you think aren't possible for you actually ARE.  May I elaborate?

This is more of what I shared on facebook ~ "When you give 
your body what it needs, it is amazing what it will do for you. If you know me, you know that I'm about SO MUCH MORE than a number on a scale or the size of your jeans.....just like this is about more than that. It is about being the best YOU you can be. It's about feeling good, feeling confident & thriving in your life. Don't just get by friends, you ARE worth it! "  And you are!

Part of what I struggled with for so long and didn't realize it until recently was self worth.  I didn't think I was worth taking care of.  I didn't think I could be a certain body shape. I thought if I looked a certain way, I would attract the wrong kind of attention, that people would think certain things, etc. See where I'm going with this?  I wasn't about caring for myself.  To be honest with you, it was actually self abuse.

Food was my crutch.  When I was stressed, I would eat. Bored?  Yup, eat.  When I was nervous, kitchen here I come. See, I was using food for the wrong things.  Food is designed to fuel our bodies and to make them work well.  That is what it is created to do, but so many of us have fallen away from that and we turn to food for comfort, for relief, for whatever. It is our drug of choice.  And, it is not good.  Do you relate to what I'm saying?


It's kind of like a gas tank.  We fill up our tanks when we are on empty, right?   Why?  Because we want the car to go.  Our bodies should be the same.  We should be feeding them nutritious, healthy, clean food so they work well for us. When we are running on "E," physically, we should ask ourselves "what does my body need now?"  More food?  Water? Exercise?  Taking care of yourself is preventative care.  




You may know I have made a radical lifestyle change since doing a program called the 21 Day Fix in February.  You can read my whole story here.  And, yes, I have tried lots of other programs before....Weight Watchers, Clean Eating, other shakes, supplements, pills, etc. and NOTHING WORKED.  Ya know why? Because I wasn't educated on what my body needed.  I was simply sold a product.  {On a side note, that is not what I am doing.  I ask a lot of questions.  That is because I want to be sure you are getting a program that is best suited for you.  So if you are looking for a quick fix, to spend some money and hoping for great results, this isn't for you.  However, if you're open to learning what your body needs, coaching and learning how to make those changes, this could be a good fit for you! But bear with me as I ask because I understand the value of money and want to be sure we get the right program for your goals, your lifestyle and your needs. }

So, why does a challenge/accountability group work?  Why will you get results? Let me tell you why:

1. You are getting an exact workout program that shows you exactly what to do to get results. 


2. You will get a nutrition guide and a month supply of Shakeology so you will know exactly what to eat to fuel your 

body and get results.  

3. You will get my coaching and accountability for free!  I run private facebook groups that offer you education, support, motivation and accountability so you can finish the program strong.  You will literally have support every step of the way.


All you need to do is commit, show up, do the work and you will see results!  And, if you don't have success, you get your money back!  This was what did it for me.  I was learning how to treat my body for the first time in my life!  I was learning how to exercise effectively!  I was learning how to be accountable for my actions, that what I put into my body would either make me or break me in the future.  It was really life changing for me.  I think so often it's easy to pop food in our mouths, or hide in a closet and binge eat, thinking if no one sees us....the truth is they may not see us eating it, but we know we did it and our clothes will eventually tattle on us!







So, what is holding you back?  Yourself?  If so, get out of your way!  You ARE worth it, friend!  You were created to live life to the full, so are you?  Again, it's not about a size you wear or a number on a scale, but about showing up, being present, feeling good and THRIVING in the life you have been given!  I'd be honored to come alongside you.........

No comments :

Post a Comment