Image Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Be Stronger Than Your Excuses!



I love this quote!  This has been my motto for the past 10 months.  Excuses, we all have 'em! What are some of yours?  I'm not __________ enough?  I'm too _______?   That won't work for me?  I'm not like that? She is ________ and I'm not?  I can't?  I have too much _________?   I don't have enough?  There is an excuse for EVERYTHING under the sun, isn't there?

But, ya know what?  You ARE stronger than your excuses.  You just have to tell yourself that. Looking at my journey over the past 10 months, I have had every reason to not work out and eat well. We weren't living in our home anymore.  I was homeschooling.  It was summer, so I didn't have time being with the kids ALL.THE.TIME. I was stressed so I pigged out all the time to relieve stress.  I lived with my in-laws and couldn't work out there.  Ya know that I say to all that - BULL TONKEY. BULL TONKEY.  

I got up early this summer so I could work out.  I made room in my in-laws family room to push play in the mornings while we lived with them.  I changed my exercise routine so I could work out when the kids were awake if I needed to {I found a new, shorter program}.  I stopped turning to food for comfort and support, because you know what I realized? IT NEVER MADE ME FEEL BETTER. IT ONLY MADE ME FEEL WORSE.  I OVERCAME my excuses.  I was STRONGER than they were because I believed in myself and know that I am worth being the best me I can be for my family. See, something in me changed when I learned how to take care of myself.  When I realized me taking care of myself was making me feel better, it was helping me be more kind, patient, loving and gentle with our kids, it was helping me feel more comfortable in my own skin, it was giving me confidence, I knew it was worth it. When you pour into yourself and care for yourself well, it automatically spills out onto others.  Don't you want that?  Don't you want to be able to pour into others around you because you are full?  I do!  

So, what's your excuse?  And, how can you overcome it?  Unsure?  Let me help....I'd love to be on this journey with you!  I BELIEVE in YOU and you ARE worth it!

No comments :

Post a Comment