Image Map

Sunday, March 17, 2013

How do we not sweat the small stuff?

Ok, I admit it...I sweat the small stuff all the time.  I mean, really, does it matter if my counter is clean before I leave the house in the morning?  Apparently to me, it does.  I'm not sure why, but it is one of those things that I sweat.  I've been reflecting on the small stuff I sweat daily & how none of it really matters.  I mean, at the end of the day, what matters is my family is loved, I have been present with them, I have connected with Jesus, lead them to Jesus in some way & our basic needs are met.   If the laundry isn't done or if the house isn't spotless, does it really matter?  What will my kids remember about me or their childhood when they are grown?  I don't think it will be clean counters.....

Today, at our church, we had a phenomenal speaker, Robert Rogers.  (mightyintheland.com)  The short story is in  2003 a flash flood washed their vehicle off of the highway, and Robert Rogers lost his wife and four children.  Yet, he didn't lose his faith.  This man knows Jesus, His Word, believes Him & lives for Him.  It was remarkable.  I feel like after hearing him speak, I have a new perspective on my life.  So many times I wonder should I work, am I raising my kids right, am I doing the best I can, is my house clean enough, am I doing this or that right?  And, really, does it matter?  Does any of these things that I spend my time, money & energy doing matter?  Is it worth getting caught up in?  Some of it yes, & some of it no.    Hearing someone who lost his whole family & almost his own life absolutely made me re think my life & what my "struggles" are.  It has been a very convicting, thought provoking day.  I'm sure the thoughts will continue to marinate as the week goes on.

Thank you, Lord, for this great life.  It hasn't been easy, but thank You that You are always with us.  Thank You that You work all things together for our good.  Thank You for blessing me with a great husband & 2 blessings we get to raise.  Thank You for working in our lives.  Thank You for loving us & giving Yourself for us.  ~ Amen

No comments :

Post a Comment