Image Map

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Time for Me...Time to Be....

Since we have moved to Sioux Falls, I have started doing something new.  It's so new, I have only done it one time, but it's some time for me/time to be.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been so caught up on labels, part of that is also doing rather than being.  I have always focused on what do I want to do vs. what/who do I want to be?  I heard on Focus on the Family one day a few weeks ago (that is a whole God story how I heard it, but if you want to know, ask me!), that if you are a mom who has lost sight of yourself in motherhood, to hire a babysitter or swap friends with kids one day so you can do things you enjoy doing.  Thank you, Focus on the Family, I will do that!  It is almost like I needed permission.  So, one day/week, both kids are at preschool & I have a whole day to myself!  It is awesome - it is quiet, I can get a lot done, run errands, eat what I want & just do what I want to do.  It is a bit selfish, but I also know that I need that time.  So many times as a stay at home mom, I feel like I'm suffocating, so I'm enjoying knowing I have a WHOLE day to myself once/week for me.  Thank you, Lord, for that gift!

No comments :

Post a Comment