Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

Look Up!

One of my favorite parts of our new house here in Sioux Falls is in the ceiling.  This is the ceiling over our dining room table.  I LOVED our old house in Illinois.  Yes, I loved it so much that I have shed several tears over leaving it.  I still tear up sometimes thinking about it.  It was my dream house - it had everything I ever envisioned in a house & then some.  So, it was very bittersweet to leave it.

Don't get me wrong, I like our new house here too.  It is beautiful!  It is very different than our other house in Illinois, which is hard.  I am so good at comparing what this house doesn't have that our house in Illinois had or wishing this house had something it had, etc.  You know the drill.  


Today, I was looking at the ceiling here & thinking about how often I don't look at it.  It is one of my favorite things here but I get so caught up in my day to day life that I overlook this beauty.  It made me wonder how often I do that in my daily life.  I get so caught up in what is going on around me that I miss what is above me.  How many times do I engrossed in wishing I had something else that I forget what I have?  How often do I forget to look up & thank God for all He has generously given me?  I encourage you, my friends, to look up today & be thankful!

  

No comments :

Post a Comment