Image Map

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Houses?

Ok, I notice something about myself.  It seems like whenever I am "working through" something in my life, that comes through in my house.  For example, when we lived in IL, I went through a time of cleansing - working through old wounds, baggage from the past, etc.  It manifested itself in our home by me doing the same thing there.  I was on a kick to clean things out, get rid of what was unused, etc.  I thought it was a fluke....until we moved.

Here, I am feeling a bit unsettled, out of place, etc.  It is manifesting itself here by me doing things in the house to make it more "me," "like me," "home," etc.  For example, I re-organized the pantry to make it pretty today.  I want to re-paint because the color that was here when we moved in, isn't "me."  It's a fine color, but I don't love it.  So, I'm doing things here in this house to make it more "me" so I feel more settled because in my current situation, I feel unsettled & out of place.


Am I normal?  Does anyone else do this, too?

No comments :

Post a Comment