Image Map

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Feeling Out of Place...

As we are settling into our new home, new town, etc.  (Still looking for a church.  If you're a praying person, please pray for connections soon!), I feel a little out of place.  I'm used to being super involved, plugged in, connected & knowing lots of people.  Of course, when you move, you start all over, so I know very few people here.  It has been a challenge for sure, but I'm confident God will provide those contacts for us when the time is right.  (Yesterday, Lord?  Just kidding...I'm learning patience too!)  

I can't help but think about the birth of our Savior during this time of year & his mother, Mary.  I'm sure Mary felt a little out of place - being an unwed woman giving birth to the Savior of the world in a stable!  It is helpful to know that even when we aren't comfortable, our Comforter is always with us.  And, even people like Mary didn't always "fit in."  Todd White (another google for you if you are unfamiliar with him.  He's an evangelist & is awesome!), spoke at our church last year & said something like "if we are comfortable, we don't need a Comforter."  So, I am taking comfort (ha) in the fact that this season is making me more aware of my need for Him & not my connections.

No comments :

Post a Comment