Image Map

Friday, April 24, 2015

Yup, I'm Going There.....

Wow, has this week been a roller coaster! At the beginning of the week, I was hopeful, optimistic, ready to fight the good fight. Then, Wednesday hit and it was another story, LOL! It could have been the fact that Chad was traveling, the kids were both up the two nights he was gone and I was tired. I don't really know. I do know I did what I know is best for me - being in the Word, praying, eating well and exercising. That's how I take care of myself and honestly, what makes me the best I can be for my family. I think the tiredness was a fact, but also the fact that the more I learn about our food supply and the "state of the union" regarding food, if you will, it is discouraging! I feel like so many of us are unaware of what we put in our bodies, on our bodies, where it is coming from, what the ingredients really are and how they affect us and our kiddos. I feel like we are asleep and doing things because we believe it is safe, or because we are told to by someone in "authority." It's time to wake up friends! I love you and care about you and your family and that is why I'm so passionate about this!

I started reading the book "Super Life," by Darin Olien and wow, is that an eye opener! I was telling Chad some of what I was reading and his reply was "why aren't we told this? Why isn't this information known?" That is my point exactly. And, it frustrates me. I don't know if it is because we trust those who rule, regulate, create, etc. our food supply, medications, vaccines, etc.? I don't know if it is because we are too busy to do the research ourselves? I don't know if it is because we are uneducated? I truly don't know and that frustrates me. I am so passionate about this, guys! I feel like my eyes have been open to this and I want others to be too! I've been pretty transparent, I think, about sharing my food issues, as well as my children's and how that has affected us. So I can't personally deny the link between what we put in and on our bodies {and what's in the environment around us} and how that affects us. I was so discouraged and distraught earlier this week I felt like quitting! I really did. It seemed hopeless and like I was steering the Titanic {no thank you!} However, the more I pressed into God, the more I learned and read, I knew I had to be part of the solution and that quitting wouldn't accomplish that.

I was sharing some of my thoughts, feelings, etc. with my mentor who encouraged me to read the book of Lamentations in the Bible. I love the Word, believe it is sharper than any double edged sword and that it still applies to life today. So, in reading the book of Lamentations, here are some verses that stood out to me. Are ya ready? I am still kind of in shock as I type this.....here goes:

Lamentations 1:11 - "All her people groan as they search for bread;they barter their treasures for food to keep themselves alive. “Look, Lord, and consider, for I am despised.”

Lamentations 1:19b - "My priests and my elders perished in the city while they searched for food to keep themselves alive."

Lamentations 2:12 - "They say to their mothers,“Where is bread and wine?” as they faint like the wounded in the streets of the city, as their lives ebb away in their mothers’ arms."

Lamentations 2:19 - "Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord. Lift up your hands to him for the lives of your children, who faint from hunger at every street corner."

Lamentations 4:4 - "Because of thirst the infant’s tongue sticks to the roof of its mouth;the children beg for bread, but no one gives it to them."

Lamentations 4:9 - "Those killed by the sword are better off than those who die of famine; racked with hunger, they waste away for lack of food from the field."

Lamentations 5:9-10 - "We get our bread at the risk of our lives because of the sword in the desert. Our skin is hot as an oven, feverish from hunger."

Wow, so much depth here. Do you see it? In the first 2 verses that are bold and in red, those words are identical in the 2 passages. "Food to keep themselves alive." That tells me food keeps us alive, yes? As I keep digging into the passage though, I notice fainting from hunger, children begging for bread, racked with hunger, risking lives for food, feverish from hunger. It's bad, friends. It's not a pretty picture. Sadly, I see the same thing happening today. As I was reading, I didn't know if they were talking about a spiritual hunger, or a real hunger? I'd venture to say both. And, it's the same thing I see happening in our world today. We are physically hungry because our bodies aren't getting what they need due to the depletion in our food supply, the busyness of our lives causing us to eat more packaged, processed foods, and less foods that are "raw," or "live" that contain what we need. Did you know the physical hunger/depletion of vitamins, minerals and nutrients affects our minds? Yup, sure does. "Heal the gut, heal the brain," is a phrase one of our chiropractors said and it is so true. I've seen it with Lauren. When we healed her gut by taking out wheat, dairy, food dyes, sugars and adding probiotics and fish oil to her diet, she was a healthy kid. A vibrant, joyful, kid full of life, as she should be! Same goes for me, as I started to take care of myself by eating clean, drinking Shakeology, cutting out wheat and dairy, drinking enough water, etc., my brain fog went away, my anger and depression lifted. Guys, there is a for sure connection between what we eat and how it affects us not only physically, but mentally as well! These are our lives and our kids lives we are talking about here. What's more important than that?

I can't help but wonder too, if the writer in Lamentations is talking about a spiritual hunger? Which is also something I see today. The church needs to wake up and start standing on the promises of God and expecting Him to do what He said He can do - miracles, healings, things we can't even imagine! It's time to stop making Him who we think He is and let Him be who He is. He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...so why aren't we letting Him?

Friends, I'm concerned about our society for these reasons! Will you please rise up with me? It's time to take a stand and become aware, educated and informed about what goes into our minds, as well as our bodies! Who's ready? I'm all in this and would love for others to join, as well! We're better together, right?

Love,
Melissa

1 comment :

  1. Amen! Love your passion. Praying your enthusiasm can be used to encourage and help so many get healthy in their bodies, their minds and their spirits.

    Blessings friend as you follow the path God is leading you to change the world one person at a time!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete