Image Map

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Super Life ~ Being Your Best Self!

So, you may know if you've followed me on facebook, that I'm reading a book called "Super Life." This book has been life changing and really changed the way I feel/think/view food.




Let me share some of the powerful "nuggets" I have gotten from it:

"When we eat, we open our bodies wide and expose ourselves, every single cell, to whatever's out there in our environment.  It's how we turn the out there into the in here.  When we eat, those external things actually become us.  Our organs, bones, muscles, nerves, skin, blood and everything else are made from what we eat and drink ~ there's nothing else to work with.  Before we were born, we were completely created, cell by cell, by what our mothers ate and drank.  Today, it's no different, except now we're the ones doing the eating and drinking, inventing our bodies."

"Here's how dramatically food can change when we tamper with it.  A large-scale study published in the British Medical Journal found that people who ate fruit at least twice a week - especially apples, blueberries, and grapes - were up to 23% less likely to develop type 2 diabetes than those who ate fruit no more than once a month.  But subjects who drank fruit juice once a day or more had an increased risk of developing diabetes, up to 21% higher than those who did not."


"We get calories - which we need to survive of course, but very little else.  None of the nutrition {talking about processed foods here}.  As Dr. Fuhrman puts it, we end up mechanically full, but nutritionally starved.  If we do that often enough, we will absolutely harm ourselves at the cellular level.  Over time, that may bring some chronic condition." 

"Eating is the single most important thing we can do to stay healthy.  If good, clean food isn't worth our money, what is?"

"The symptoms of acidosis ~ fatigue, lack of energy and motivation, moodiness, headaches, cramps, poor digestion, heartburn, dry skin and hair, and cold hands and feet ~ are the same minor complaints and everyday aches and pains that people suffer stoically, thinking they can't be helped.  Just normal adult life, right?  Wrong.  They're not minor problems, and they're not normal.  And the fact that lots of other people complain about the same things doesn't mean these conditions are acceptable, let alone inevitable.  These are all signs of an overly acidified internal environment, which could mean we're headed for something catastrophic."


"Antidepressants are among the most commonly prescribed drugs today, even though science has proven how strongly nutrition influences our mental and emotional states."

He also talks a lot about water and the quality of water.  How lack of water affects our brains, our moods, our attitudes.  This is powerful, friends.  

I love this part ~ "We have to take responsibility for what goes into our mouths.  No more autopilot. Take time to form new habits, and then it will be no big deal ~ and you will feel better because of it. It's work. But all good things are."



I hope you know I write this and share these types of things often because I love you and care about you.  I know what it feels like to be nutritionally starved.  I used to live off of sugar, diet soda, big pretzels and cheese!  I didn't eat vegetables or protein.  I was certainly not taking care of myself.  I think part of it was I didn't want to at the time and the other part was I just didn't know how to. That is why I am so passionate about helping others.  I know what it is like to be where you are.  Exhausted, depleted, your zeal for life is gone, because you are just getting by, slugging through the day.  It doesn't have to be this way!  If you are ready to make some changes, please let me help you.  You don't have to do this alone!  You are worth living a super life...don't you want that?  I want that for you! Please let me know how I can help you.  I want you to live a super life, friend!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment