Image Map

Monday, April 13, 2015

Here's the Thing With the 21 Day Fix {Or Any Program for That Matter.}

I need to get something off of my chest and this seems like the best place to do it.  So, here's the thing with the 21 day fix program, or any program you do.  {Using the 21 day fix as an example}.  It is unrealistic to think you're going to do the program for the allotted amount of time, see some results, then at the end of the program, go back to what you were doing before the program and either 1. continue to see results, or 2. maintain what you achieved.  There were likely some habits/relationships with food that made you try the program, which is huge!  Yay for you! That is great that you got started!  I know how hard that is and I applaud you for that!  I know it's not easy! And, the fact that you completed the program is also huge!  Kudos to you for that!

However, I want you to be able to continue to see results if that is your goal, or maintain what you achieved if that is your goal.  So, how do we do that?  I've been thinking back on my experience with the 21 day fix a LOT lately.  What made me continue to see results once the group I was a part of was completed? I continue to follow the program.  I continue to eat clean.  I still, to this day, 14 months after doing it for the first time, use my portion control containers.  I still exercise 5 times/week.  I still drink my Shakeology daily. I still drink a lot of water each day.  The 21 day fix I did was a springboard to change my habits, which it did.  However, I continued and do continue to walk in those habits daily. I didn't say, "oh the 21 days are over, I'm done," and go back to the old habits/ways of eating.  No, I continue to do it to this day, more than a year later.  So, will doing the 21 day fix give you the same results it gave me? It can.  It all depends on what you do after the 21 days.  Are you willing to take what you've learned in the group, with the coaching and accountability, and apply it to life, of are you going to revert back to your old ways?  The choice is yours, friend.  I just want to be honest and realistic about what will give you the MOST success. It's not realistic to think you can do a program, complete it, and continue to see results if you're not willing to stick to the changes you learned on the program.  

No comments :

Post a Comment