Image Map

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

It's Time To Start LIVING!

Hello, 2015!  It's a new year!  Don't ya love that?  A new year, a fresh start, new things on the horizon for all of us, right?  So, my question is....why don't we live like this every day?   Do we need a new year to live or have a fresh insight?  If so, why is that?  I love this picture below:



Actually, I am even going to disagree with it now that I have posted it.  You don't even need a Monday, you need TOday. And, you have TOday, so why not?  The other day, Lauren and I were at Meijer, doing some grocery shopping and it hit me.  Ya know what?  I am HAPPY.  I am FULFILLED.  I am CONTENT.  I am PEACEFUL.  I am JOYFUL. And, I am thankful!

My life has certainly been a roller coaster ride, to say the least.  There are things that have happened that no one wants to have happen. There are hurts and pain caused by others actions.  There are losses and grieving along the way.  Life has not been a bowl of cherries and due to this, I have struggled with feelings of inadequacy, discouragement, depression, fear....just to name a few.  I have felt discontent, unfulfilled {especially as a new stay at home mom with a colicy child}, sad, displaced and like I couldn't find what I was looking for, what I was called to do.  I knew I wanted to help people.  I knew I wanted to be able to have flexibility and the ability to be home if my kids needed me, to be able to chaperone field trips, to be home on sick days without missing work, without feeling guilty or bad about it.  Part time work?  Sounds like a good idea in theory, but part time jobs that offered me flexibility are hard to come by. And, with part time work, paying for childcare would be a break even situation financially, so it didn't make a lot of sense. Direct sales?  I've done that before, had success before kids. Turns out I don't really like doing parties.  As much as I tried to NOT be a homebody, I am a homebody.  I want to be home at night, making dinner with my family and having time together before tucking the kids in.  So, where oh where could this type of opportunity be? Nowhere, I decided, so I decided to be content being home.  


If you know me, you know I'm pretty determined, pretty driven, type A, likes things a certain way, very business minded, entrepreneurial, so this would be tough for me & who I am.  After participating in a 21 Day Fix challenge group last February, the idea of coaching entered my head. Nah, I can't do that, I'm not fit enough.  Nah, I don't know enough about health/fitness.  Reason after reason after reason I couldn't do it filled my mind.  So, to the back burner it went. I remember very specifically being at the zoo one day & was shocked by how many people weren't healthy.  What they were eating wasn't healthy for them {not judging, just observing.  We all have our moments!}, there was smoking, etc.  It appeared from the limited window I had into others lives that day that we just don't know how to take care of ourselves.  And, who will pay the price for that?  If we don't know how to take care of ourselves, how can we take care of our children?  Are we teaching them how to take care of themselves?  NO.  It is a generational passing down of unhealthy lifestyles.  And it made me mad.  Mad enough that I decided to take a chance and start educating others on what they put into their bodies and how to take care of themselves. And I have loved every minute of it!  I realize this is a perfect fit for me!  It fills that business side/ "non-mom" part that is still a part of who I am, while also giving me the freedom and flexibility to work when I choose, not someone choosing for me. I get to help others learn how to take care of themselves and feel good again!  It is truly the best of all worlds for me and I am so thankful to get to be a part of others lives in this way!

I am thankful for the healing that God has given me from my past.  He has truly healed me and made me a new creation, just like the Bible says He does :)  It has been a journey for sure, and there have been several significant steps along the way.  All of these things had to happen to prepare me for what He has had for me all along.   So, what does He have for you? And, what is holding you back from getting it? The Bible says He came to give you life to the FULL.....so, are you living in that fullness? You have TOday & I encourage you to seize it friends!  Go get it!

No comments :

Post a Comment