Image Map

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Does Your Outside Reflect Your Inside?

Somewhat recently, on facebook, I asked the question "Does your outside reflect your inside?" Today, I want to elaborate on that question and why I posted it.  I had a deep thought the other day about this, so here we go.....

I was getting dressed to go somewhere and put on my jeans, sweater, my bracelet and my earrings and then it hit me.  In high school and in college, I was very big into being coordinated, having jewelry to match the outfit, having an all "put together" kind of a look. That continued, then it stopped.  As I took time to reflect on when it stopped I realized when it was.  It was after we had children.  Not right after having Lauren, as I remember someone coming to bring me a meal saying something like "you look great! You've got make up on, jewelry on, etc.  My biggest piece of advice was to get ready every day."  That wasn't a problem for me, I still like to be up, dressed and all ready to go {meaning showered, hair, make up, etc.} before taking kids to school.  It's just the way I roll.  But, the part that was missing was the "extra."  



See, after having Lauren, I lived in my Jockey Person to Person jog suit and jacket.  It was comfortable, fashionable and I liked it, but it wasn't me.  I stopped wearing jewelry too, which I had always done before because I was tired of it getting tugged on, chewed on, etc. Another part of myself I put away so to speak. What else did I put away?  Probably a lot. Taking care of myself, because who can exercise with a new baby?  Eating well, because who can do that when you're stress eating or shoving food in your mouth in between naps?  I survived off of pop and junk food to energize myself because I was tired. Sleep when the baby sleeps?  No, I have house things I "HAVE TO DO."  See where I was? Not a great place.

And, it didn't hit me until the other day when I actually did what I my "pre-child" life of putting on something other than my yoga pants and jewelry.  Ah, that fits now, I thought.  This is who I am. This is the real me. My outsides finally reflect my insides and that feels good.  So, how about y'all? Does your outside reflect your inside?  If not, where and what is causing the disconnect?  I'd love to hear your story.....


No comments :

Post a Comment