Image Map

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Inner Strength?

I love this quote in the picture above!  As I have been on my health, wellness and fitness journey, I have noticed something.  When I originally began down this road, my intent was to lose weight.  The 21 Day Fix accomplished that for me!  I loved how I felt, I loved how I looked and what it was doing for me.  I decided to continue with my new regimen of eating clean, exercising daily, drinking more water, etc.  I did do a new exercise program though, which I also love just as much!  People were commenting that I looked great, looked like I lost weight, etc., but I didn't really know.  I felt good, liked how my clothes were fitting but had been avoiding the scale.

I tried a new program this week, the 3 Day Refresh, and needed to weigh myself before doing it.  Imagine my surprise when I am 12 pounds lighter than I was when I began this journey just 4 short months ago!  The number on the scale shocked me - I have never weighed that weight before, not even at my lowest weight ever.  I was shocked!


However, I caught myself "slipping."  Meaning, I wasn't working out as hard, or I was slipping with my food choices.  I could justify it because I weighed less than ever.  {Isn't that how I got where I was in the first place?  HELLO!}  So, I had to recalibrate as the GPS says.  Why am I doing this?  I am doing this to be strong, to be healthy, to feel good and be the best me I can be.  Not to be a certain weight, dress size, etc.  That isn't my driving force.  I like this picture because it centers me and reminds me of that.  

No comments :

Post a Comment