Image Map

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Burgers, Coffee and Nutrition?

I realize this is an odd title, but here I go.  Hopefully by the end you will see why I called it that.  We just got home from an AMAZING dinner at Fudruckers!  I had a cheeseburger and fries.  It was amazing....seriously thinking it might be the best burger I have ever had.  That is saying a lot.  {Side note, I don't eat burgers much anymore.  I can't remember the last time I had one.  I do know that last time we were there I wanted a burger, but got a salad.  So it was time for the burger!}  Anyways.....It was not a cheap meal out for our family.  Which made me think of something - you get what you pay for.  I don't care for that statement, but I'm seeing the truth in it.

Our meal at Fudruckers was not cheap, but it was AWESOME!  Worth it, for sure.  I started to think about that.  You see, if we got a $1.00 burger from McDonalds it wouldn't have tasted nearly as good.  {And it likely isn't real meat either......}  So, we spent more and had an awesome burger!

It's like coffee - if you want good coffee, you're not going to the gas station and get the crappucino there. You are going to go to Starbucks, Caribou, somewhere that has good coffee and get a great cappuccino.  And, you'll pay more for it too.  So, again, you get what you pay for.


And so it is with nutrition as well.  Yes, it costs more upfront to be healthy.  But it's worth it.  It costs more to buy organic.  It costs more to not buy the junk loaded with chemicals, preservatives that has been processed.  Shakeology costs more than other products on the market.  But, what are you getting in return?  A healthy body.  A healthy mind.  A healthy you.  You are worth it friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment