Image Map

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Before & After Pics from 3 Day Refresh

I will be honest, this is a stretch for me.  I'm a modest person who doesn't show a lot of skin {case in point, it's summer & I am wearing a jacket.  I am cold, but still...}  So, this is out of my comfort zone for a few reasons aside from the skin:

1. I didn't love the 3 Day Refresh like I thought I would.  I think that is because of some of my history.  Let me explain.  When I was in high school, I was anorexic.  Then, later in life, I would say I was a closet binge eater.  I wasn't bulimic or anything, but food was a major source of comfort.  I feel like just recently, with the 21 Day Fix, I have learned good eating habits and actually had a healthy balance for the first time in my life.  So, being in a good spot, then doing something like this was hard.  The 3 Day Refresh is 3 shakes/day as well as some various fruits, veggies and healthy fats.  Lots of water too.  I also had jaw surgery in college and was wired shut for 8 weeks, so I think this reminded me a lot of that too.....liquid diet for 8 weeks is a little scarring, I suppose.  So, maybe it brought up some past issues for me?

2. I think the other part of the equation here is our family is under a lot of transition with a lot of changes.  Eating is something that is pretty normal for me, yet during these 3 days, it was another change.  Something else that was "taken away," if you will.  I'm in a place where I will hang onto anything I can that is normal and eating is one of those.  I also didn't work out in the 3 days, which might have something to do with it.  I'm a creature of habit and it messed up my routine!


3. My period came during it.  Not sure how much weight that has, but it is a factor.

All in all, I lost 2 pounds, which I was happy with.  Again, being honest, I weighed myself before doing this and was surprised at my weight.  I don't normally weigh myself because it messes with my mind too much.  So, I hopped on the scale before this and was happy {maybe for the first time in my life with the number on the scale.}  So I was in a good place before doing this.

I like the 3 day refresh and can see the value in it for before a wedding, class reunion, vacation, etc.  I think it definitely has a place and a purpose and can be helpful to people.  Is it something I will actively promote and encourage people to do?  Probably not.  Only because my heart and passion is teaching people how to take care of themselves through their eating, exercise, water intake, what they feed their mind, etc.  I don't know that this program is 100% in line with that and that is ok.  It's a good program, people are loving it and seeing results, which is awesome!  It just maybe isn't the best for me.  I am willing and open to try it when 1. my period isn't coming and 2. we aren't in so many transitions.  It might make for a different experience for sure. As promised, here are the pics.  I did lose 2 pounds but think my before picture looks better, LOL!




No comments :

Post a Comment