Image Map

Friday, June 13, 2014

Saturday: Recipe day!

Hello, happy Saturday to you!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start so far!  On Saturdays, I'm going to focus on a recipe for y'all to enjoy.  Since doing the 21 Day Fix, I have changed my eating habits and have learned to enjoy some new foods along the way.  Before the fix, I wasn't a big vegetable eater.  Like, I maybe ate veggies once/day.  Now, I eat them three or four times/day.  The one recipe Chad and I both really like is a veggie mix from the 21 Day Fix cookbook.  It's super simple and super great for you too!  Here ya go:

Ingredients:
*1 tsp. olive oil
* 1/4 c of chopped asparagus spears  {I used green beans instead because we had those on hand}
* 1/4 c of chopped red bell peppers
* 1/4 c of chopped carrots
* 1/4 c of chopped onions
* 1/2 t. Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning....yummo!

Directions:
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat, combine asparagus or green beans, pepper, carrots, onions, and seasoning.  Cook vegetables in skillet, mixing frequently for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp tender.  

{This serves 1 and is 1 green container on the Fix.}

No comments :

Post a Comment