Image Map

Sunday, June 15, 2014

H.A.L.T.?

Have you ever had one of those times/moments/experiences when you are angry and don't know why? Here is something I heard that has helped me figure that out:  H.A.L.T.  Ask yourself - Am I:

Hungry?
Angry?
Lonely?
Tired?

If you answered yes to one or any of those, that could be part of the problem!  It's amazing how angry I can be when I'm one of the above.  Thank goodness, it's temporary! Take a step back, access where you are at and do something about it!  Maybe you need to eat?  {In my house, we say that when we are hangry, LOL!}  Talk with someone about your anger?  Talk with a friend?  Sleep?

One part of self care is being in touch with yourself, your feelings and what you need.  Stepping back and using the H.A.L.T. method is one way to do that!

No comments :

Post a Comment