Image Map

Thursday, June 12, 2014

How far can $1.25 go?

My kiddos have been at a Vacation Bible School at a local church this week.  It's been awesome to come in a little early to pick them up and see them worshipping Jesus.  They always end with a time of worship and prayer.  They also have been collecting money for children in India who don't have clean drinking water.  I was shocked to learn that $1.25 will give a child in India clean water for ONE YEAR.  I thought it would be a week, maybe a month, but a WHOLE YEAR.  ONE DOLLAR and TWENTY FIVE CENTS.  The same amount I spent on the one child's at the Dollar Tree yesterday.  One dollar for a cheap, crappy, junky toy they don't need.  REALLY.  Or, one dollar to make a child's life in India better for a YEAR.  It's a no brainer to me, folks.  Next time my kids want to go to the Dollar Tree, we are putting that money in a jar to see how many kids we can give clean water to in India instead.  Or, every time I want a latte, I will put four dollars in and support four children for a year.  Lets' see, one drink for me that will be gone in 30 minutes or less, or giving a child clean water for a year.  That's what I call a great ROI, friends.  Who else will join us?

No comments :

Post a Comment