Image Map

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Why Team Beachbody Is A Perfect Fit For Me {And Why It Might Be For You As Well!}

I have been thinking a lot lately about my Beachbody coaching gig.  I'm the type of person who likes to periodically evaluate things, to see how they are going, where my heart is, what I'm being called to in life, etc. So I have been doing that lately.  I am very grateful for this season of life and for being able to do something like this.  For this current season of my life, being a coach is truly a great fit!   


I was talking with a friend recently who was in the party plan industry with me.  {You know, the in home parties where you invite people over, hear the spiel, etc.}  She was actually on my team.  I asked her if she ever saw me lugging my baskets around when I was pregnant.  Then I realized how out of my mind I truly was.  Who drives for hours one way to a party in the middle of winter {in Wisconsin, none the less} lugging heavy baskets in and out of homes for a party while they are 8 months pregnant?  Seriously!  Yes, I did that.  Isn't that sad? Who in their right mind does that?  Did I not realize I was putting not only Lauren's life at risk, but also my own? Whoa. That was an interesting thought to process last night after that convo. with my friend.  So I got to think about the number of years I lugged around those heavy baskets, in & out of not only homes, but also vehicles.  Ugh.  {Disclaimer - you might be wondering what the baskets are about.  That was how I transported the products I was selling at the time.} I was going into strangers homes, for the most part, as I didn't always know the hostess or anything about her.  {All of the people were lovely though, very kind, warm welcoming and very normal.  I felt very safe.  And, actually became friends with quite a few of them, which is a blessing.}

As the convo continued on, I realized that I am truly a homebody.  It is important for me to be home at night, having dinner with my family and being able to tuck my kids in. When I was out doing parties, that wasn't the scene.  I often times would eat quickly at home before heading out the door, or eat on the way to the party.  I would then get home very late at night and be so tired that I just wanted to crash. There wasn't really a great quality of life there, in case you couldn't tell. On top of that, I was doing this more than once/week.  Some weeks I would have 3-4 parties.  That is a lot of running! A lot of running to try to build a business.  A business that all depended on people doing what they said they would do.  If the hostess cancelled her party after I had held that date for her, I was out of work.  So then I would need to find another hostess to replace that party.

I also didn't really feel like my schedule was my own.  Sure, I had my choice of dates open for parties, but if my dates didn't work for a hostess, I didn't want to lose the party, so I threw out another date.  It was all dependent on them really following through,  to be honest with you.  So, see my schedule and my paycheck were entirely dependent on other people.  


The other thing I really don't miss is sending out hostess packets and catalogs.  I was at the post office so much in my other business that I knew all the employees by name.  Not kidding.  It was bad.  And, I shudder to think about how much I spent on postage.  Ugh. Those are the main things I didn't like about my former gig.  So, now it's only fair to share what I LOVE about my current gig, right?  {In no particular order, mind you.}

1. No parties ~ in person, book parties or online!  WHOOT!  I LOVE that I can do this business from anywhere, anytime! I am not dependent on a hostess for my business.  I love that it is truly based on my lifestyle and schedule.

2. The time commitment.  We have something called a "Power Hour," we are encouraged to do daily. An hour on the business/day, why sure!  That is a lot less time than my parties would take!  There are no meetings to attend on a regular basis, etc.  We do have conference calls, but those are twice/month and are always recorded if ya can't make it.  It is truly a business that fits into YOUR schedule.

3. The way we build this business.  This is a business that can be done 100% via social media.  Some people choose to build it other ways, but for me, doing it all from home or the coffee shop, etc. is ideal.  I LOVE that part of it!

4. No inventory, no orders, nothing to ship...need I say more?  There is no spending money on products I don't need to up my party totals, there is no placing orders {our customers do that on their own} and the only thing I ever have to ship, if I choose to, are samples.  {Which I don't do that often!}  That is a nice breath of fresh air after being in the post office ALL.THE.TIME with my other experiences.

5. We are truly a company that wants to HELP people.  Our mission statement is to help people achieve their goals and enjoy healthy and fulfilling lives.  Who doesn't want to be a part of that?  I honestly for the first time in a long time don't feel like I'm selling someone something they don't need!  I am coming alongside them, coaching them, guiding them and teaching them how to take care of themselves, which is INCREDIBLE!

6. Personal development.  This company is all about helping you become your best, which I love.  You are encouraged to exercise daily, eat well, drink your Shakeology, spend time DAILY in personal development.  Who else wants you to be your best?  In my former positions, personal development might have been more about "How to Book More Parties" vs "Personal Development God's Way."  This is more about me, becoming my best self. {This might also be due to where I am in life now vs. where I was before.  I realize that.}

7. Last but not least {I hesitate even mentioning this because it isn't about this for me, nor is it the reason I am doing it......} the compensation is really, really, really generous. Let's just say this is the most lucrative business I have found yet.  And, for that I am thankful.  Not because I'm earning more, but because I am paid in return for my time and effort. This then allows me to GIVE more, which I love!

If you're curious about this at all, I would love to tell you more.  I'm not going to pressure you into anything!  I'm happy to answer any questions you have, if you'd like to hear my experiences so far, I would love to share those with you as well.   This has truly been a blessing to me and I'd love to share it with you as well if you'd like to hear more.


{Disclaimers...I am not trying to bash anyone, any industry, etc. with this post.  I am merely sharing what has worked best for ME.  These are my preferences.  You might very well be the type of gal who needs to get out of the house after being home all day, so what I do doesn't appeal to you.  That is fine. We are all wired differently, the key is finding what YOU are wired for.  For years, I kept trying to do something that wasn't for ME.  But, that doesn't mean it isn't for you.  I'm just sharing my perspectives after being on both sides of the fence.}  Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment