Image Map

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Coconut Sorbet & Kale Chips?!

Have you ever become someone you never thought you'd be?  Well, I have & I like it!  I never ever in a million years thought that I would be into clean/green/organic living & yet, here I am.  This weekend, we made homemade coconut sorbet (delish!), kale chips & roasted brussel sprouts.  Sounds pretty granola, right?  Ah, yes, I have become granola.  The more I read, learn & hear about food, nutrition, chemicals, pesticides, etc., the more thankful I am to be in this place.

I'm trying to make most of our food from scratch.  We have cut out wheat & dairy for Lauren & I am currently cutting out the top 7 food allergens - wheat, dairy, soy, eggs, peanuts, corn, & sugar.  I'm doing the Virgin Diet by JJ Virgin.  It's fascinating.  Her theory is that we are all intolerant to some foods & that is why we don't feel well, are tired, have brain fog & don't lose weight.  So, you cut out these foods for 3 weeks & then each week add 1 back in to see how your body reacts.  I'm currently just a few days in but am excited to see what I'm intolerant to.

Any of you done this before too?

No comments :

Post a Comment