Image Map

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Why I Can't Stand the Word Busy!


Busy, busy, busy, busy!  We are all so busy, aren't we?  It's like we thrive on how busy we are, how much we can cram into our already full lives, schedules, just to see how busy we can be.  I really can't stand the word busy.  It makes me cringe.  Why?  I'm glad you asked :) There are a few reasons ~

1. For me, we were always busy!  I grew up in a very busy home.  That taught me to always be busy.  In fact, in high school, college and even for a bit after college, I THRIVED on being busy!  How much could I take on?  How much could I do?  Ya know what it led to? Burn out.  Adrenal fatigue.  Exhaustion. Crabbiness.  Lack of self care.  For me, being busy became a coping mechanism to not handle any of my "junk."  This may or may not be the case for you, but it certainly was for me.  When I was busy, I didn't have time to think about past pain, wounds, or things that needed healing in my life, because I was just too busy.  Being too busy denied me the opportunity to heal.


2. I believe we are all in charge of our days, our schedules our lives.  Granted, there are some things that are out of our control, but for the most part, we can say yes or we can say no.  I can hear it now "but my kids to this and this and this and this."  Ok, so, who's in charge of the kids schedules?  You or them? You can tell them no.  You might not want to, but as parents, it's our responsibility to set the boundaries for our kids.  You can say yes or no.  Setting boundaries for kids teaches them to set boundaries for them as adults too.  It's a great teaching opportunity too.


3. Finally, I heard someone in church say busy stands for:

Buried
Under

Satan's
Yoke


My eyes were open wide when I heard this.  At that time, I took off my "busyness badge," and decided to change my ways. 


I get it.  Our lives are full, we have responsibilities, families, commitments, etc. How we navigate those commitments is huge! What are we saying yes to?  What are we saying no to?WHY are we doing these things? I encourage you to ask WHY before signing up, saying yes, committing.  What is the reason behind it?  Do you have room in your life to add something new in?  Just some food for thought so you are not too busy!  Enjoy!

No comments :

Post a Comment