Image Map

Monday, May 11, 2015

Care Much?

I'm trying to figure out if part of what is going on with me is that I care too much? Am I too sensitive? Take things too personally? Have you ever been told or thought any of those things about yourself? Well, I have. And, right now, I'm trying to figure out what is going on! Maybe you have some insights, friends?

I get upset about things. Good things, meaningful things. Not things that don't matter like someone cutting me off in traffic, or honking at me, or something like that. I get upset when people believe lies. I get upset when they don't know the Word enough to combat the devil with the truth that is sharper than any double edged sword. I get upset when people lie. Stormie Omartian says in her book "The Power of a Praying Parent," something like when you lie, you align yourself with the devil. {On that note, please don't ever lie to me to "make me feel better," or to "not hurt my feelings." Lying hurts more than either of those.} I get upset when people don't take care of themselves by paying attention to what they put in and on their bodies. I get upset when people think they aren't worth it. I get upset when injustice occurs. I get upset when people don't follow through.

As I look at this list, there are a lot of opportunities to be upset, aren't there? Are these things personal? I don't know, sometimes they are. Sometimes they play into my wounds, past hurts, which is why they bother me. The other part of my being upset is we are in a battle and it seems like the devil is winning because we are unequipped and unprepared to handle him. If we don't know the Word, which is truth, how can we know what is a lie? In looking at this list, it seems a lot of these things that upset me are Biblical. We are to know the truth, and it will set us free {John 8;32} The Word is sharper than any double edged sword {Hebrews 4:12}. "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord, but those who act faithfully are his delight." {Proverbs 12:22} "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own?" {1 Corinthians 6:19}  "There are six things the Lord hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood......"  {Proverbs 6:16-17}  The whole issue of self worth is also Biblical, if you know WHOSE you are, you know that you have a delightful inheritance!  {Psalm 16:6}  The one that might not be Biblically based, is the follow through.  I think that is part of my woundedness.  I also think that it is part of is a lack of discipline, which the Bible does talk about.  We are to run the race with perseverance, right?  If we are disciplined, we can run and persevere, right? When a runner is training for a run, they are disciplined with their training.  So it is with us, we have to be disciplined with how we train in life.

So, what do you think?  Do I care too much? Take things too personally?  What's the deal? I wonder if part of it is I have lived wounded, beaten down and unvictorious for so long that I'm sick of others living there too.  There IS victory in Jesus, friends!  And, YOU are worth it!  You were bought with a cost, so I believe you are worth it, don't you?

No comments :

Post a Comment