Image Map

Monday, September 1, 2014

Pedicures and Perspectives

Oh blogging, how I have missed you!  There has been a lot going on in my life, on my mind and in my heart, so the time away has been needed.  But, I'm back!  And, happy to be here with lots of new topics of things going on.

It's Labor Day today, so we took the kids to the park.  It was a beautiful day for it!  While we were there, something caught my eye, then went into my heart.  Thus, today's topic.  I had a pedicure last week. {LOVE!  I'm so thankful to get pedicures, they are a gift for sure!}  I walked in, picked my color and off I went to relaxation station.  The color is beautiful, a deep pink with iridescent sparkles in it.  {Love me some sparkles!}  After my pedicure, I went on my merry way and have been enjoying my gorgeous toes ever since.


However, today, at the park, I noticed something.  Chad and I were sitting on a bench in the sun.  It was glorious!  I looked down at my toes and they were SHINY. SPARKLY.  BRIGHT. BOLD.  They looked awesome!  I loved them so much that I took a picture of them!


As our time at the park continued, we went into a shaded area.  In the shaded area, I looked down at my toes again.  {Notice a theme here?}  Again, they were gorgeous and beautiful, BUT they were not as shiny. {Again, I took a picture for proof!}  Which made me realize something - perspective is much like my toes in the sun and the shade.  Some people see things one way, while others may see them another way.  It is the same thing, but seen in a different light or with a different perspective, it looks totally different.  Two different people with two different perspectives looking at the SAME thing may have two totally different views or opinions on it.  The same thing isn't always seen the same way to everyone.  Interesting, isn't it?







Speaking personally, from my life, this is spot on.  There is a situation we are currently in that may look one way to people on the outside of our situation, who don't have our life experiences or our feelings or thoughts on the matter.  They are in a different place than we are.  {Using the metaphor above, let's say they are in the sun.  So, to them, the situation {toes} look shiny.}  However, to us, coming from a different place with different life experiences, feelings, thoughts, living the thing day in and day out, we see it differently.  So, to us, let's say we are in the shade here, the situation {toes} don't look as shiny.  Make sense?


So, what's the application here?  Maybe it would be helpful to look at the situations in both lights to see all sides of it?  When we only see things our way, based on ourselves, we get blinders on.  We often don't/can't see past those blinders and aren't open/available/able to see things from another perspective.


The other application that hit me here as I type....HELLO.  This is easy and should be plain as day.  When we are in the light, we are able to shine.  However, in the dark, we aren't able to shine.  Spiritually speaking, when we are plugged in and connected to Jesus, He makes us shine.  However, when we rely on ourselves, our wisdom, etc., we might shine for a bit, but eventually, we dull out.  Then we become non-shiny.  I don't know about y'all, but I prefer shiny.  Thank you!


No comments :

Post a Comment