Image Map

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

How To Eat Clean While Traveling

We had the opportunity to go to Omaha last weekend over Labor Day, which was awesome!  However, I discovered how tricky it can be to eat clean while you're traveling without a plan.  Thankfully, I was prepared and had some healthy options on hand so did ok, all in all, but here are some tips for eating clean while traveling.  I suggest packing the following:


* Larabars.  These are great, a very clean food with dates, nuts and fruits, depending on the flavor you choose.
* Fruit - apples, bananas, pears, plums, and peaches are easy to travel with.
* Almond butter - it comes in these little packets like in the picture above, so getting healthy fats is simple while traveling!
* Shakeology - we don't have the individual packets of Shakeology that they make, so we take a scoop & put it in a ziploc baggie.  {It is ok on an airplane too!}
* Travel blender.  Yes, we take this when we travel.  We prefer our shakes when they are blended, so this comes with us.  {It also is ok on an airplane!}
* Water bottle - it's important to keep hydrated while traveling, so this ensures I keep hydrated while on the road.

What about when you're eating out?  Here are my tips for that:

* Order water and drink it before your meal.  It will help fill you up before your food comes.
* If ordering a salad, order dressing on the side.
* Choose fresh vegetables as a side if you can.
* Nix appetizers.  They often are extra calories and not great for you anyway :)
* Nix desserts too.  {Unless it's fruit!}

I also try to plan out my meals for while we are gone.  I will plan a cheat meal or two over the course of our time away {of course it depends on how long we are gone}.

These are just some simple tips on eating clean while traveling.   If you have specific questions or issues you'd like to share, I'm happy to help if I can.  Just let me know :)  Thanks!




No comments :

Post a Comment