Image Map

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Why I Did NOT Want To Become a Beachbody Coach

You might find this title odd, but it is true.  I did not want to become a Beachbody coach. Let me share some of my story from the beginning.  When we lived in IL, I was in a networking group with other professional women.  One of the women in the group was the director at a local gym.  She had also recently become a coach with Beachbody. Having been in the direct sales/MLM/work from home business arena before, I was intrigued by the business, BUT had serious hesitations with it. {Yes, I have tried several ventures, but didn't find the right one.....}  My hesitations were I was NOT into health and fitness at all,  I was not a gym rat {my idea of working out was childcare at the gym!}, I wasn't in shape, I didn't like the name ~ when I hear Beachbody, I think of a bikini and I don't wear those, so that was not appealing to me.  It just didn't fit who I was, ya know? Plus, I have had issues with food in the past.

The other parts were I was uneducated on the product line and as to what a coach really does.  I thought the product line would be like every other quick fix product I have tried before.  You know, drink a shake or take some pills, eat the same, don't exercise, don't change the amount of water you drink and expect it to perform a miracle.  Well, that is not the case with Beachbody.  What I love is that they focus on a lifestyle change, not a quick fix.  All of the programs focus on clean eating, the right amount of food groups, calories, and nutrients for your body type. The other big component they focus on is exercise. Exercise is SO important, not only for physical health, but mental health as well. My favorite favorite part though, is the education and accountability.  Being a part of an accountability group on facebook when I did the 21 day fix was life changing for me!  I learned so much about why my body needed what it did ~ in terms of food, water and exercise.  We also had to be accountable for our actions for the day, which is an area I had issues with in the past.  So this component was huge for me and I believe a large reason for my success too!

The other hang up I had was I am not into physical appearances at all.  I was concerned that if I was a part of Beachbody, people would associate me with being vain, wanting to be stick thin, etc.  That is SO not who I am. I am not into that.  What I am into is being the best YOU you can be, I am into taking care of yourself and treating your body like a temple.  I am about promoting positive lifestyle changes, not some fad diet.  Our society does a very poor job of educating us on how to care for ourselves, what we should eat, not eat, how much of what food group, etc.  I want to change that and help people learn what they need!

Having been in sales before, I also know what it is like to sell people a bunch of things they don't really need.  {If I have done that to you in the past, will you please forgive me?  Ugh, I shudder to think about those days, but they are a part of my story, so I accept them and move on.}  With that being said, I am also not into sales.  I don't want to be the person that people avoid because everytime they see me they think I am going to try to sell them something.  Again, that is not who I am.  I am someone who wants to come alongside people and help them reach their goals ~ whether that is to lose weight, make better food choices, tone up, get more education, etc.  I want to offer support, guidance, education and motivation.  My hearts desire is to help people feel good again and enjoy the life they have been blessed with!  So many of us {myself included at one point} just trudge through life thinking this is all there is.  You are tired, burnt out, irritated, sick, irritated, frustrated and just not feeling good.  You don't have to live that way, I promise!  I used to but don't anymore.  If you'd like some help/support/education in this area, please let me know.  I would be delighted to help you!


My motivation is to help.  I want to see people well, energetic and able to embrace their lives. Being a part of Beachbody has allowed me to do that and I am so thankful.  I had to get over some of my personal hang ups, perceptions and learn the facts in order to do that though.  And I'm so grateful I did.



No comments :

Post a Comment