Image Map

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

That's a Wrap ~ 60 Days of The Master's Hammer and Chisel DONE!!!!




Well, that's a WRAP!  I just completed my FIRST 60 DAY PROGRAM, ever!  Yes, I've done SEVERAL Beachbody programs, but they have all been 21 day or 30 day programs, not 60 day programs.  In true transparency, it took me much longer than 60 days.  This is due to a few factors:

1. I teach Cize Live classes, so I needed to learn choreography and the routines for Cize Live.  This was my workout some days, so I didn't do Hammer & Chisel {H&C} on those days.

2. We went on a cruise!  While we did workout on the cruise, they were not H&C workouts on the ship.
3. I did a 3 day refresh after the cruise.  {Blog post with results is here.} It is suggested to not workout heavily during those 3 days. That's good enough reason for me to take rest days, lol!!!!

So, with that being said, here's my review of the program.

I did like the workouts.  I liked that they were short {35-40 minutes} and that I didn't sweat a lot. {Super honest, right?}  They fit well enough into my day that it wasn't too time consuming or too much work to fit them in. {Which is sometimes a concern in trying something new.}  There was quite a variety and with 2 trainers {Autumn and Sagi}, that added to some variety as well, which is always good!

The equipment I used was just some hand held weights, a medicine ball and a band. That's it.  We don't have a weight bench, so I just used the floor.  {There are modifications for that as well, which I appreciate.}  Again, truth be told, I likely could have/should have upped my weights, but didn't.  {Not a priority?  Or not sure how often they will get used?}

What about nutrition?  I love the fact that this program uses the portion control container system like the 21 Day Fix.  This is the program that changed my relationship with food and I've been doing it for two years, so it makes sense to me, I get it, I understand. Again, truth be told, I didn't follow the nutrition plan to a T.  I did have some cheats here and there, but ate clean for the majority of the program.  This program uses clean eating, portion control and of course Shakeology for nutrition.  Those are all things I had been doing before the program.


Results?  What about results?  Well, total coach fail here - gasp - I did not take before and after pics{so no free t-shirt for me, boo!}, or do my measurements and weight.  I wasn't doing this program to lose or gain anything, but more so to do something for 60 days that I thought I wouldn't be able to do.  So, for me, it was about pushing myself and becoming stronger than I already was. Sorry if that is a disappointment!  I just wanted to be sure my heart and motives were in the right place.  I can see a difference though!  Check out this pic below...pretty sure my arms didn't look like that before H&C!



If you have any questions about the program, or Shakeology or any Beachbody programs, please let me know.  I'd love to chat with you!


No comments :

Post a Comment