Image Map

Saturday, March 19, 2016

A Very Full Heart ~ Post SS Beachbody Cruise

Hello there!  Sorry that it's been so long since I've written.  Life has been busy lately.  If I'm super honest, it's been too busy.  We are just back from a wonderful 5 day vacation on the SS Beachbody and it was ah-mazing!  It was truly just what Chad and I needed.  Life has been crazy since moving to Indiana a year and a half ago, plus jumping into leading the youth ministry at our church, added to not having vacationed in over two years combined with work, children, and well, life.....it was much needed!



In sheer honesty before the trip, I was struggling....struggling with responsibility. Struggling with juggling all of the balls in my life.  Struggling with purpose.  Struggling with passion.  Struggling with the call of God on my life.  Yes, folks, I was riding the struggle bus BIG TIME!  But, some time away gave me some time to reflect and a perspective.  On the flight there, I read the book "Breaking Busy," and it totally hit home in so many areas. There are questions and exercises to work through and those were most beneficial to me!  I think God had me do that before our trip because He knew I needed to REST and RELAX on the boat!  So, the journey started before we even stepped onto the ship.


Getting onto the ship, nervousness hit me. Would I fit in?  Would everyone be in a bikini rocking a perfect body?  Who would be on the trip?  Will I be accepted?  A lot of insecurity, looking back.  The first night we had dinner with our team, which was great.  I know and really enjoy those people so it was good to connect. 

 

The rest of the time, Chad and I were on our own and kind of did our own thing. We did the daily workouts which were awesome! How cool to have celebrity trainers on the boat with us?  Autumn Calabrese, creator of the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme and Hammer and Chisel, as well as Sagi Kalev, Body Beast and Hammer and Chisel, as well as Joel and Jericho from Les Mills were who kicked our booties daily!  Tony Horton was also there, but we did not participate in his workout. :( We also connected with some other coaches I knew beforehand, and also met some new ones which was great!  


The beautiful thing to me is that each person is SO different ~ we look different, we have different upbringings, different lifestyles, different shapes, different seasons of life, but we all have ONE thing in common....that is to HELP OTHERS!  For me, more than anything, my vision and mission for helping was increased on this trip!  There is no stereotypical Beachbody coach, we all just have a HEART to help!  Being with like minded people was great!

There is a coach who is also a pastor who was on the trip.  He graciously led a worship service twice on the cruise!  It was incredible to worship Jesus in the open air under a beautiful sun and hear a great word from the Lord.  Pastor Matt preached on the parable of the talents and talked about passion and purpose and what God is calling you to do.  It was very timely for me!



One of my favorite parts was having Chad experience this with me!  He hasn't had an opportunity to attend Beachbody events before, so this was a great time to hear from our CEO, Carl Daikler and other top coaches in the network.  It was great having him there with me and being a part of this world that means so much to me.  


CEO, Carl Daikler



For me, I left with a renewed sense of encouragement.  This is such a strong company whose mission is truly to help others be the best they can be, which is my heartbeat.  I have spent too many years not believing I was worth it, which is a lie from the devil.  The truth is I am a child of God and He gives good gifts to His children.  The same goes for you reading this, too!  Yes, I have been in several other companies before, but this one is SO MUCH different from any one I have been with before.

If you feel led to learn more about coaching, please ask, I would love to share!  Our team is also hosting an event this coming week where we will share the following:

  • What coaching is
  • How to get started
  • How to make money
  • How to build a business from home
If you would like to learn more, please let me know.  There is no commitment, this is just information.  If you're at all curious about how this works, please join us!  You are also welcome to fill out this form.

Thanks for reading....I'm sure God will give me more to share with you as I continue on this journey......




XO,
Melissa

No comments :

Post a Comment