Image Map

Saturday, July 25, 2015

What Cize Means to Me......



I know it sounds odd, but I have been thinking about what the release of the new Cize program means to me.  {In case you're not familiar, Cize is a new program Beachbody released that is a dance program designed to help drop pounds!  Plus, it's super fun!  I am loving it!  It doesn't even feel like exercise to me! In fact, so much so, I signed up to become a Cize instructor!}  So, all that to say, I have been thinking about this new program and what it means to me.

See, all of my life, I have danced.  My mom put me in dance lessons at age 2.  I continued all the way through high school and was on the dance team in high school as well.  Once I hit college, my dancing consisted of fraternity parties and the Neon Cactus once in a while. {Um, not so much to either really.  It wasn't the same at all!}  Dancing is therapeutic for me.  It makes sense to me, I understand it, I get it.  It's how my body works.  Now, sports....not so much.  


I was cut from the volleyball team in middle school and to be honest, since that time, I have not considered myself an athlete.  When they say in some of the Beachbody videos I've done, "think of yourself as an athlete," that doesn't resonate with me, because in my mind, I'm still the girl who got cut from the volleyball team.  Sure, sports were part of my high school experience, but I don't feel like I was good at them.  I swam my senior year {who does that for 1 year?  Apparently, me.}  I also played tennis, which I wasn't great at either.  But, I did dance and that was my "jam," if you will. Running, ugh. Not so much. Part of me thought to be an athlete, I had to be a runner.  That's not me. It's not my thing, I don't enjoy it. One bit.  So there!


So since February of 2013, I have worked out consistently 4-6 times/week doing various Beachbody programs.  I've done 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, TurboFire, PiYo, Les Mills Pump, I have Insanity Max 30 but didn't complete the whole program, tried T25 {not my thing, too athletic, maybe?}  and now Cize. Since becoming a coach, I have heard of others talk about their "soul mate workout," and wondered what mine was.  Sure, I've enjoyed Turbo, PiYo and some of the 21 Day Fix ones, but to say they were my soulmate wouldn't have been totally true. I think Cize is it!  When I'm Cizing it up, I'm in my element. I feel confident, comfortable and know what I'm doing.  Plus, at the end, I'm a hot mess so I know it's a great workout too!


I've been thinking a lot about what I wanted to be "when I grew up."  When I was a kid, there were three things on my list;

1. Be a mom who drives a mini van {not sure why?} - 
2. Be a business owner - 

3. Be an aerobics instructor - soon, friends, soon!

It might sound funny to say but Cize has been healing in a way.  It brings back the good parts of my childhood that I seem to have forgotten.  One of my former dance teachers reached out on facebook when she saw I was going to be certified, so that was fun too!  It's nice to know there really are exercise programs available for everyone now.  If you're not an athlete, great!  Cize might be a great fit for you!  It has been for me and I'm really thankful for that.  It's awesome to feel like you're in the right place at the right time. What a blessing!

If you'd like more information on Cize, please let me know! I'd love to hear from you!  We can find a live class near you, or hook you up with the program to do at your own home too! If you're not currently working with a Beachbody coach, I'd love to work with you! {Whether it's with Cize, or another program.} To make me your coach, please go to the following:


https://www.teambeachbody.com/tbbsignup/-/tbbsignup/free?referringRepId=393567

I'd be honored to be a part of your health and wellness journey!

No comments :

Post a Comment