Image Map

Monday, June 10, 2013

I feel like our grass.....

So, when we moved into our new home, the builders laid sod.  When spring finally came here in SD, our grass was SO green, lush and beautiful!!  {From all the snow, maybe?}   However, there was a small problem - we had a sink hole in the front yard. 

Just a few weeks ago, the said sink hole got fixed.  They ripped up the old grass {transplant} and put in new sod.   So, now, the new sod hasn't quite acclimated to the current sod.  It looks ok, but is not quite as green and lush.  I do know that with the proper care, the sod will acclimate and re-root in with the old sod and you won't be able to tell the difference.

I feel a lot like our grass here in SD!  I'm a transplant here...I'm from Indiana originally and was living in Illinois.  I had a great support system and friends there in Illinois.  I was very well rooted there.  Once we moved, I was uprooted here to start over again.  Much like our grass.  I'm fitting in ok, but don't feel like I have deep roots here yet, which I know takes time.  I do feel a little like our sod looks, kind of out of place, but I know that will come with time too.  I do feel like we are in a great place and have a wonderful support system here, which is amazing.  I'm in awe of all the wonderful people God has put in our path and am so thankful for what He has for us here!

No comments :

Post a Comment