Image Map

Friday, December 19, 2014

Let's Talk About Failure, Shall We?

The other day as I was getting ready, I realized I was using a mug from a direct sales company I was once a part of.  I did fairly well in the company, was at the leadership level and earned incentive trips, walked across stage for recognition, etc.  Once I had Lauren, I had postpartum depression and decided to not continue doing the business for various reasons.

As I continued to get ready, I noticed the make up brushes I was using were from yet ANOTHER direct sales company I had been a part of.  Hmm, ok.  I glanced around the bathroom and found more memorabilia from other tried business attempts.....monogrammed towels, lotions, and so forth.  My mind started to think about failure.


What is failure?  How do you define it?  Is it trying something and not reaching the level of success you envisioned?  Is it not trying something because you are too scared?  Is it quitting?  Is it continuing to try, regardless of your past?  How do YOU define failure?

To some, I might look like a failure after trying multiple businesses....any guesses as to how many I have had?  It's kind of a joke with Chad and I now, LOL!  Or to some, I might not look like a failure because I have kept going.  The other day as I was mulling this over in my brain, my take away was I am not a failure because each of those business opportunities taught me something about myself. They taught me something about other people.  I learned from them, I grew and changed as a result. Now, I am able to take what I have learned and apply it to my current reality, which I am thankful for.  There's a lot of knowledge up in my noggin' y'all that is just waiting to come out!  It is exciting!


So, what's waiting for you?  What have you not succeeded at {in your eyes} in the past? What have you quit?  What have you been too scared to do?  It is not too late.  Your time is NOW.  What if I let all those businesses define me as a failure?  Would I be where I am now? NO!  Would I have said yes to the current opportunity I'm with?  NO!  Would I be able to share from my experiences with y'all?  NO! So, has failing been good?  As much as the perfectionist in me hates to say it, YES!  It has taught me to get up again and again and again and.....



I love this picture!  I have learned to embrace the saying "Progress, not Perfection," a lot lately.  Is perfection attainable?  NOPE!  Will I always feel like a failure if that is what I'm striving for?  Yup. However, by shooting for progress, my target is more achievable.  And, heck, if I fail, who cares?  It just means I keep trying.  Did I learn something from failing? Sure did.  So, do I want to progress? Yes! Then I need to keep failing!

So, how about you?  What is something you haven't committed to because you're afraid of failing?  Is it money management?  Time management?  Exercise?  Changing eating habits?  A business opportunity, like me? What is it that is holding you back? Identify it, get out of your way and make some PROGRESS!!!  You are WORTH it!  Don't let something from your past that you view as failure affect your PRESENT.  Now, go FAIL!

No comments :

Post a Comment